Fans Across America Teams With Chandler Unified School District Families in Transition (FIT) Program and Chandler Hamilton High School Homeless Student Program
|To make a tax-deductible contribution that will go directly to the Chandler Unified School District Families in Transition (FIT) Program and Chandler Hamilton High School Homeless Student Program, click the donate button. Ninety percent of your contribution helps keep homeless students in school.|
Unfortunately, we are witnessing the "New Homeless," families that were economically secure in the past but due to the economic crisis have lost their careers, homes, possessions and are having a very difficult time coping with their current status. As a result, families are faced with verbal and physical abuse, depression, substance abuse, divorce, and being homeless; not having a primary residence and having to rely on transition housing programs, relatives, friends, shelters or any other means to reside.
Working together, Fans Across America and "FIT" are able to maximize resources to provide even greater support to the families in need that each serve.
By law, students have a right to stay in the school of their origin, and as long as they attend, they are bused daily to and from their school regardless of where they live within a reasonable distance from Chandler.
The homeless students and their families are in need of basic daily necessities that are not provided by State and Federal Programs.
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation, whose mission is to provide food, clothes and other living necessities to families with seriously ill and special needs children, has teamed with the Chandler Unified School District's "Families in Transition" (FIT) Program and the Chandler Hamilton High School Homeless Student Program. Working together, these organizations are able to maximize resources to provide even greater support to the families in need that each serve.
Support is provided to families through individual donations, corporate sponsorships, civic organization drives, fundraisers and grants in the following ways.
- Non-perishable food items
- For infant's, disposable baby diapers, baby formula that doesn't have an expired date, and baby accessories
- New or gently used, washed and folded infant, children's, pre-teen, teen, and young adult clothes along with stylish shoes, accessories, purses
- Socks are also needed for all groups (by law, they must be new)
- Blankets, new or cleaned and folded
- Toiletries, personal care items, hygiene products, feminine products, new tooth brushes and toothpaste, hand soap
- Computers, software and printers are needed for the seriously ill and homeless students to stay on pace with their assigned school work
- Gift cards (i.e. groceries, household products, gas, Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart)
- Service certificates (i.e. auto service)
- Furniture and other household items
Gift cards are only issued to responsible families. Families in question are accompanied by a Foundation volunteer to make purchases, and the valid card is always in the possession of the Foundation.
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation is a 501 (C) (3) tax-exempt organization. Our tax identification number is 20-5241346.